i think this may actually be my first good entry since beginning my online journal on blogger. i feel sooo great! i went to the doctor the other day and he gave me sooo much medicine that right now i feel like a whole new person, which is something i really need because today is one of the longest days of the week for me. I have three classes (from 7:35-12:10) and then i have to pick up my Godson from his day nursery school, and babysit him until 2:30. Then I have to come back to Jamaica to pick up his sister by 3:00 and drop her off at her afternoon school program, which is back in our neighborhood. By this time it is about 4:00, so i take the baby home and make dinner for the two of us, and I wait there until his mother comes home, but my day isn't over yet! I have night class tonight as well, from 6:50-9:40. Many people have mixed reactions about night classes, i personally love them. The fact that i only have to go to class once a week is the greatest thing in the world for me, because i have two jobs, one of which is full time, and i am a full time student as well as part time babysitter, so the less time i spend in class, the more time i can work and start paying off all the college loans that i took out.
So now it's about that time to leave you all because my third class (out of four) is starting in a couple minutes (even though the professor isn't here yet). I wish everyone a great Tuesday and I'll see you all on Thursday in the W.C. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Effie, glad you're feeling better!
I was just writing in Lexi's blog about how I can relate to long days of work, school and such...but having read your blog, and seeing just how much you go through, I think that it's very admirable to able to go to school full time, WORK fulltime, and still fulfill family requirements.
Your Tuesdays remind me of a book I'm sure you've read way back in elementary school. "The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day."
Well I hope you continue to feel better, and I just wanted to let you know that if I'm having a really bad day, and nothing is going my way, I'm going to think to myself;
"Imagine what Effie's doing right now!"
Take care now.
Post a Comment