4.16.2007

again...??

What is it with these terrible Mondays???? This morning my entire family was sleeping, which is something we rarely do because we all work on Monday morning. Why were we sleeping?? Because all the power in the house went off! Apparently we didn't have power from 830AM until about 1130AM, which means, yes, we were all late for work. I was the first one up when the power came back on and my alarm clock was going crazy. I ran through the house waking up my parents and my brother, who, obviously, had no idea about the power outage. So of course, we are all rushing to get ready for work, calling our bosses and what not. Luckily, my boss is a real great guy and so he just laughed at me and told me to get a cup of coffee because I looked like I was about to fall asleep as I was talking to him. Why was I so tired?? Because, yet again, my house flooded yesterday and I was up all night, along with my mother, mopping and sweeping the basement to try and get rid of the water. Luckily at around 4AM, the got all the water out of the basement and went to sleep, which is why neither of us woke up while the power was out. I'll spare all the details, but today was an almost impossible day to get through, and I am so happy that it's finally over!

No comments: