3.13.2007

Cars

This morning I had the very terrible luck of breaking my car. I won't get into all the details of what happened but I will say that there are a few parts broken under the hood and my car will be with the mechanic for a few days. What a terrible thing!! There is no possible way that I am going to get a rental car because I know that when I get the mechanic's bill I will probabably go crazy. So, now what? Public transportation? What a crazy idea. I'm not saying that I've been spoiled all my life with cars and people driving me everywhere because that is definately not the way it is. Throughout high school I used public transportation every single day, and even for the first semester of college I took three busses to get home each day. This past winter, I bought myself a car which i have been driving every since day since it was delivered to my house. So what's my problem?? For some reason I cannot get the thought through my head that for the new few days, I will be taking public transportation to school and the work. Our society has become so depenfant on cars that people that once had cars and are told to take a bus somewhere will probably become quite upset. I for one am definately not looking forward to tomorrow when I have the joy of taking two busses to school and three to come back home. I am definately not looking forward to tomorrow.
Have a good night and a pleasant tomorrow, all!

No comments: