We all know that our country is at war, and I know I speak for many people when I say that this war is completely useless. What really blows me away is the fact that we are paying millions of dollars an hour it seems to fight a war that we shouldn't even be in, and yet some of the most meaningful jobs are paying barely any money. Our teachers aren't getting paid nearly as much money as they should be. I believe that being a teacher is one of the most important jobs anyone can have, but they aren't getting paid accordingly because this nation's priorities are not in check. Did you know that the average professional sports player makes a few million dollars a season? Or that most well known actors are paid about ten million dollars a movie? What skill do these people have that they deserve so much money? Our teachers must go through years of schooling and earn all sorts of degrees in order to be able to teach. What do actors do? Memorize a few lines and recite them? I just think that it is completely unfair that people who work had and are very educated and spend many many years in school, but also help people every single day aren't getting half of what they deserve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment