3.27.2007

Freedom

As young adults we are given much more freedom than we had when we were younger, this of course is expected, but what if we were given too much freedom? When children are younger all they want is to be able to do as they please and not have to listen to their parents, the authorities or anyone else in charge and that is okay, but it becomes a problem when these children, that eventually grow up to be adults, have too much freedom. Freedom, if used the wrong way, can and probably will lead to corruption, chaos and undoubtedly great havoc. What I want to prove in this paper is just how negative and unnecessary freedom, at great lengths, can be. I hope to prove that when people are given too much freedom, that no good ever comes out of it, and that there should always be limits and boundaries that ever single person should abide by.
By writing this paper I hope to show my ‘buddy list group” that although we all love freedom and would rather nothing but it, that freedom comes with a price that no one can pay. It is a great responsibility and once you are given freedom, it is like a drug, and you constantly want more and more. Once exposed to too much freedom, people become addicted and will go to any lengths to get it, and sadly, many people do terrible things just to have a taste of freedom. The perfect way to prove my point, I feel, is to compile a bunch of footage of people acting up because of too much freedom. There is also the possibility of researching some pictures and do a ‘before and after’ take on approximately 3-5 different situations that went wrong when people were given too much freedom. The first pictures could be how everything was calm and had order and then afterwards I could prove how terrible the idea of too much freedom is by showing the after effects. Of course, not all outcomes would be so extreme, but I would definitely choose some extreme ones to help make my point stronger and get my message across. Both ideas could be great to prove my point but I think that if it’s possible to find footage online and do some editing that it would help greatly. If all goes well with finding the footage and or pictures so I could show the class, I could help to show them how too much is sometimes isn’t good.
Documenting on a project like this could turn out to be very difficult. I know that there is not one way I can start looking into this topic because there are many aspects and points that I have to cover. To begin, I will definitely have to do some online research and read about some people that were given freedom and abused it, hopefully abused it enough to get me point across to the class. Afterwards, if I find information on specific people, I can use video search engines such as You Tube and Google Videos to hopefully find a match between the person I have researched and a short video clip, or even photos of these people and they outcome of their abused freedom. I will, in the next few days, have to familiarize myself with all these video search engines to help make my research more accurate. After every article of information I find, or ever video (or picture), I will save it in my Favorites folder, on AOL, but also e-mail the sites to myself, just incase there is a problem with my laptop and I cannot get access to it. It would also help if I went around and asked people if they knew of anyone that would fit the category of my subject. This would make my research a lot faster and easier to do.

No comments: