3.28.2007

Dedication

Tonight i had soccer practice with my team. I coach 13 years old girls, and most of the time they're quite good and listen to me, but tonight is a whole other story. I went to practice and to my disbelief, none of the girls showed up!! This is a team of 15 girls and somehow none of them showed up to practice. I am so amazed at how little they care and how little dedication they have to this team. I personally feel that if you decide to be a part of the team that you must show up to every single practice and not just to the games and expect to play and even start each game. It is the biggest insult to the coach for an entire team to just now show up like that. Not one girl called me and told me that she wasn't comming for whatever reason. All i could think of is how rude it would be that when they grow up and go to work that they'd just miss work on day and not even have the decency to call the boss and let him know. Things like this bother me because I always make sure that I'm on top of things and that I am where I should be at all times. I am never late to anywhere I have to go and i feel that everyone should be that way also. I don't know if it's just me, but I think that missing a practice and not having the decncy to call your coach and tell her that you won't be there is quite possibly the rudest thing you could do.

No comments: