3.24.2007
Patience.. 2
The other day at work my boss gave me an almost impossible assignment to do and told me that I had until 3:00 p.m. to hand it in to him. He gave me this assigment the day it was due at around 12:00 p.m. To most people this 3 hour window would look quite fair, but not in my case. This project he had me doing was going to take me at least 5 hours to do because I had to do research and compare note and go through boxes of old paperwork to try and make sense of this mess. I didn't take a lunchbreak that day and worked in this project for three hours straight just to get this done, and, I have no idea how, but I did! The only problem was that I got it to him at around 3:30, half an hour after the deadline. I quickly printed out my report and gave it to him. After he read through it and told me I had done a great job, he printed out something and gave it to me, and told me to read it when I got back to my office, and so I did. The quote (which is below) actualy made me 'laugh out loud'. I thought it was so funny! It was as if he was holding that quote for me for the one time that I handed in a project late. Afterwards I went back into his office and he had the biggest smile on his face; said "You've been working here for over six months and never have you handed anything to me after deadline. I give this to all the new employees when they are late with a project but you are the only one that I had to wait so long to give it to." I can't even begin to write how much that relieved me. So, it turns out that I'm actually pretty good at what i do, and honestly, it was a great way to end a terribly hectic and stressful day at the office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment